Dell printer driver is an essential component which plays a major role in connecting the PC with the printer. Therefore, if anything goes wrong with the Dell printer drivers, then several problems might arise while printing a document.
In this case, the only way to solve the problem is to uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers from the PC, which is quite similar to the process of updating the printer drivers. The other way to update the printer driver is by using the Device Manager window. Here, in this article, you can learn the complete steps of both the methods of how to update the Dell printer drivers on Windows. So, read this article till to the end to be acquainted with the appropriate steps.
Methods to Update Dell Printer Drivers: Complete Steps
Updating the printer driver is an important process which resolves many of the common errors which arise while printing a document. Hence, if you are not aware of the exact process on how to update Dell printer drivers, do not stress up. Here, are the exact steps that will guide you in the best way possible.
There are two different ways by which you can download Dell printer drivers update and are as follows:
- Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer Drivers via Official Website.
- Update Printer Drivers Using the Device Manager Window.
Both of these ways have some restrictions to proceed. To know more about those restrictions, you need to study both the sections thoroughly and then implement accordingly.
Method 1: Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer Drivers via Official Website
This process to download Dell printer drivers update is the most useful one. This is because, if the printer driver gets corrupted due to a virus attack, then the second process will not work for you to update Dell printer drivers. To know about the steps of this way, you need to continue further.
But before you begin with this method for updating the printer driver, it is better to scan your device via an antivirus tool at first, to ensure no presence of threads on your PC. The Windows Defender scan will also work great to perform the virus scanning process. And the steps to follow to progress the virus scan using the Windows Defender, the default windows tool are as below.
Scan Your PC via Windows Defender
To scan your computer using the Windows Defender tool, follow these steps:
- At first, to take the mouse pointer onto the Windows logo and then right-click on it.
- After that, from the menu window select the “Settings” option.
- Next, from the Settings window go to the “Update & Security” section, and click on it.
- Then, from the left-hand side panel of the Update & Security section window, choose the “Windows Defender” option.
- Further, click on the “Open Windows Defender Security Center” button, from the right-hand side of the window.
- Then, on the next window, at the left-hand side panel, you will see a shield like an icon, click on it, to continue.
- In the next step, you need to click on the “Advanced scan” link, which is present above to the “Scan now” button.
- Further, from the Advanced window, enable the check-box for “Full”, and then click on the “Scan now” button, to start the process.
Once the virus scanning is over, now proceed with the core steps of the “Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer Driver via Official Website” method as explained below.
Step 1: Uninstall the Dell Printer Drivers
To begin with, firstly, you need to open the Device Manager window. For that, press both the Windows and the letter R key at a time. This will get you the Run bar window open on the screen. Next, on the Run bar type, devmgmt.msc and then click on “OK” to get the Device Manager window on the screen.
Now, under the Device Manager window, navigate to the “Printers” option, double-click on it, to expand. Then, from the expanded list, navigate the mouse pointer onto your Dell printer drivers and right-click on it. After that, from the menu window, click on the “Uninstall” option. Further, click on the “OK” button to the confirmation window, to complete the process.
Next, before you go to download Dell printer drivers, it is better to restart your PC.
Step 2: Download Dell Printer Drivers via Official Website
Now, as the computer turns on, connect it with an internet service to follow the further steps of the “Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer Drivers via Official Website” method.
- Launch a browser on your PC and utilizing it.
- Navigate to the Dell driver download center.
- On the Dell page, you need to enter the model number of the printer you are using onto the “Enter a Dell Service Tag, Dell EMC Product ID, or Model” bar.
- After that, you will get the “View products” option active, click on it.
- Now, on the next window, select the OS you are using by clicking on the “Change OS” menu.
- Then, you will get the Download option prepared, according to your device requirements.
- Click on “Download”, to download printer drivers.
- The next step is that you need to wait until the Dell printer drivers get downloaded successfully.
Step 3: Install Printer Drivers
Once, the Dell printer driver gets downloaded, navigate to its location. Next, double-click on the setup file. And following the upcoming instructions, install the Dell printer drivers update. Once the updating task is completed, it is advised to restart your PC, so that the process is done completely.
These are the overall workarounds to update the Dell printer drivers via the official website.
Method 2: Update Printer Drivers Using the Device Manager Window
Device Manager is a common location, to update any device drivers on your PC. The Dell printer drivers can also be updated via the Device Manager window. Therefore, follow exactly as instructed below:
In Short: Win+R> devmgmt.msc> OK
At first, tap the Windows button and keep holding it, hit the letter R key (Win+R). This step is to open the Run bar window on the screen. You will find the Run bar near the Start menu.
After that, ensure that no command is present on the Run bar. In case, if you find any command on the Run bar, then you have to remove that by the use of pressing the Backspace key.
Now, on the Run bar type “devmgmt.msc”, without the quotations.
Next, select OK/ tap the Enter button. By doing this, you will get the Device Manager open.
In Short: Printers>> Update Driver Software
Further, scroll down the Device Manager window, until you get the “Printers” option on it. Double-click on “Printers”, to expand.
Now, under the Printers expanded options, right click on your Dell printer driver. Then select the “Update Driver Software…” option, from the menu window.
After that, you will get the “How do you want to search for driver software?” window open with the options are as below:
- Search automatically for updated driver software
- Browse my computer to driver software
Click on “Search automatically for updated driver software”. Then, wait until the process generates a result on the screen. Next, follow the on-screen instructions to update your Dell printer drivers.
Once the printer drivers get updated successfully, it is advised to restart your PC as well as the printer to get the complete result of the method.
Hopefully, after going through this article thoroughly, you will not face any issue in performing the download Dell printer drivers update process. In case of any trouble you face while performing the task, you can directly get in touch with us.