In case you notice Dell printer offline Windows 10 error, don’t panic. You can encounter this typical error due to some misconfiguration in the Printer Settings. Moreover, you can also encounter this error, if you are not using an updated version of Windows.
Well, if you have already faced this typical situation and want to resolve it, then try out the steps provided by the experts which will help you out further.
Before proceeding with any steps, be sure about that you have turned your printer on. After performing this checking procedure, start with the troubleshooting process.
Troubleshoot Dell Printer Offline Windows 10
Here are some expert provided steps, using which you can resolve this error. They are listed below:
Method 1: Change the Printer Settings
You can also change the printer settings, to fix this error. On that note, try out these steps:
- Initially, you need to navigate to the control panel and locate the Printers window.
- After that, you need to check if you have set the correct printer as the default one.
- Next, you have to place a right click on your default printer and choose the printer queue.
- In the printing queue, if you notice any unfinished tasks, you need to remove them from the list.
- Now, from the queue window, you need to choose Printer and make the box be unchecked against the Use Printer Offline option.
- In case, if you notice that, the Use Printer Offline option is off, you have to check the option and leave it for a few seconds.
- Here, check whether the printer is connected to your computer or not.
- In case, if you own a network printer, you need to perform a connection test.
- Next, you need to turn on your printer and turn off the computer.
If you won’t be able to resolve this error even after you go through all these steps, then try to follow the alternative method which is up next.
Method 2: Restart Printer Spooler
You can also restart the printer spooler service to resolve this error. On that note, try to follow these steps:
- First of all, you need to tap on the Windows key and the R key at the same time to launch the Run dialog box. Here, you need to type services.msc. And hit Enter to continue.
- After that, when you notice, the services window opens, you need to locate Print Spooler service, and select the Restart button from the menu.
Now, check the status of the error. If it persists, then try to follow the following method.
Method 3: Check Printer Properties
Due to some glitch present in the printer properties, you can encounter this error. On that note, try to fix this error by changing some Printer Properties. To perform this action, try out these steps:
- First of all, you need to go to the Control Panel and navigate to the Devices and Printers.
- After that, you need to place a right click on your printer and select Printer properties from the menu.
- Now, you need to go to the Ports tab and choose your printer’s IP address from the list.
- After that, you need to tap on the Configure Port button.
- Now, you need to uncheck the SNMP Status Enabled and you need to tap on the OK to save changes.
Well, after performing all of the steps, you need to check the status of the error. If it persists, try to follow the alternative method.
Method 4: Reinstall Printer Driver
If you are using an outdated version of the printer driver, then you need to reinstall the printer using these steps:
- Firstly, you need to navigate to the Devices and Printers section which is situated in the control panel.
- After that, you need to locate your printer and you have to place a right click on it to choose Remove device.
- When you notice that, the confirmation dialog appears, you need to select the Yes button.
- Once you remove your printer, you need to download the latest driver for it from the printer manufacturer and install them. After that, these problems will be resolved.
Method 5: Check Printing Status
You can also check that your printer status is glitched free, you need to check the printing status. On that note, try out these steps:
- At first, you need to turn off your printer and turn it on back.
- After that, on your keyboard, you need to press the Windows logo key and “I” at the same time.
- Tap on the Devices option. And click on the Devices and printers.
- Now, you need to place a right click on the icon with a green check-mark and click on See what’s printing.
- In case, if you notice here is a grey icon without the green check-mark, then you need to place a right click on the icon and tap on the Set as Default Printer.
- Now, you need to right click on it and tap on the Set as Default Printer option.
- After that, you need to tap on the Printer option.
- In case, if you notice a tick which is situated next to the option Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline.
- Now, you need to tap on them to remove the ticks.
Throughout this article, experts have provided a complete guide to fix this error on a quick note. If you are not a tech-savvy person to complete this task, then try to contact us. You can also post your comments as your feedback.