If you are a Windows 10 user, you can also encounter several glitches with it. As a result of which you have to perform a Factory Reset on your Dell laptop. But, before performing this procedure take note that, you have to back up your data to avoid data loss. If you are unaware of the detailed process, let this article help you.
This article includes complete guidance to perform this action without any hassle.
How to Factory Reset Dell Laptop Windows 10?
In order to perform a Factory Reset Dell laptop normally, you should try to follow these steps:
- Initially, you need to navigate to the Start menu and tap on “Settings”.
- After that, you need to choose “Update & Security”.
- Once you are done with the steps, you need to tap on the “Recovery” tab.
- After that, you need to tap on the “Get start” button which is situated under the Reset this PC section.
- Now, choose “Keep my files” or “Remove everything”.
- After that, you need to tap on the “Next” to reset this PC.
If You are in the Login Screen
- While holding “Shift” key, you need to tap on the power button and tap on the “Restart” button.
- After that, in the Choose an option screen, tap on the option “Troubleshoot”.
- In this window, tap on “Reset this PC” section.
- Once you are done with the steps, you need to choose the user account which you are using and enter the password against it. Now, tap on the “Continue” option.
- In case, if you notice that, you have not set any password against the user account, you have to tap on Continue directly.
- Now, click on the “Reset”, in order to start the Factory Reset process.
How to Factory Reset Dell Laptop Without Password?
In case, if you have forgotten Dell laptop password, then you need to try out these steps to perform this action. In this case, all you need is an installation disk. Once you get this, let’s start the procedure:
- Initially, you will need a Windows 10 installation USB disk.
- After that, you need to boot into your Windows 10 laptop using your installation disk.
- Now, you need to navigate to the installation screen and tap on the “Next” option.
- After that, you need to tap on Repair your computer.
- Once you are done with the steps, you need to tap on Troubleshoot button and navigate to the Reset this PC.
- Now, you need to choose to Remove everything to remove all of your personal files which includes your password.
- After that, you need to choose to remove everything
- Next, you need to choose the drivers. In case, if you don’t want to remove files from the other drive, choose the first option “Only the drive where Windows is installed”.
- Choose Drivers
- If you want to keep your laptop, choose “Just remove my files”.
- Tap on the Reset button to complete the procedure.
After performing all of these steps, you will be able to perform this action.
Throughout this article, experts have provided complete guidance to perform a Factory Reset of your Dell laptop Windows 10 in an effective way. In case, if you have any further queries related to this post, then you can contact us at the time of your need. Share your thoughts via your valuable comments.