Dell headphone jack not working is a common problem among the Dell users. This problem mainly arises with the Dell XPS 13 and Dell Inspiration 15 500 models. The issue might appear due to the problem with system drivers. Sometimes, it may happen that the headphones did not register properly and this might create the problem.
If you are dealing with this kind of trouble and if you are looking for the solutions, then this article is for you.
There are numerous solutions that can help you to fix your problem. So, let’s move on to the solution part of the article, and learn the procedure to resolve it.
Some Effective Solutions if You Find Dell Headphone Jack is Refusing to Work!
Is your Dell Laptop headphone jack, not working properly? Then, you just need to know the solutions that can help you to get rid of the trouble. If you are looking for some easy solution to fix the problem, then you should go through our article.
So, let’s have look on it.
Tip 1: Uninstall and Reinstall the Dell XPS 13 Audio Driver
If your Dell XPS 13 headphone jack not working properly, then you should uninstall, and then again reinstall the audio driver of your Dell computer. The steps which are followed by will help you to do so:
- At first, go to the Taskbar and click on the Search Windows option.
- Then, write down devmgmt.msc in the search field and press the Enter button from your keyboard.
- After that, double click on the Audio inputs and outputs option.
- Thereafter, move your cursor to the Speakers / Headphones option and double click on it.
- At the next step, click on the Driver option and select the Uninstall button.
- Now, click on the OK button and move on to the official website of the Dell to download the audio driver.
- Then, click on the Audio button and select the download option. And wait for a few minutes, to complete the entire procedure.
- After, completing the downloading procedure click on the Run button and select the Install button. This will help you to open the Realtek Install Shield.
- Furthermore, you will need to proceed with the subsequent step by clicking on the Next button repeatedly. And then, select the Finish button.
- Now, restart the system and verify if the issue is solved or not.
Tip 2: Run the Light System Restoration Procedure
The problem might fix by performing a light system restoration procedure. The steps which are next to you will help you to perform it on your Dell computer:
- At first, move your cursor to the Taskbar and click on the Search Windows field.
- After that, write down System restore in the appearing field and click on the Create a restore point option.
- Then, select the System Restore button which is located on the right side of your computer screen.
- Thereafter, click on the Choose a different restore point option and click on the Next button.
- At the next step, click on the restore point before further damage and again click on the Next button.
- Now, click on the Finish option to complete the entire procedure.
Tip 3: Turn on the Audio Driver
The problem with Dell Inspiron 15 5000 headphone jack not working, might be fixed by turning on the audio driver of your Dell computer. Here, are the steps that can help you to do so:
- At first, move your cursor to the lower left side of your computer screen and click on the start button. Then, click on the search field and write down Control Panel and hit the Enter button from your keyboard.
- Thereafter, click on the named option from the appearing list of results. And write down devmgmt.msc in the appearing search box. This will help you to open the Device Manager.
- Then, launch the “Sound, video and game controllers” option and go to the “Realtek High Definition Audio” option and right click on it.
- After that, choose the “Update Driver Software” button. And then, select the “Browse my computer for driver software” option.
- At the next step, click on the “Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer” option. Then, mark on the box which is located beside the “Show compatible hardware” option.
- Thereafter, click on the “High Definition Audio” option from the appearing list of results. And select the Next button.
- After, completing all of the steps from the above, now click on the “Yes” button from the appearing pop-up. And Restart the system.
Fix 4: Verify the Playback Tab
If you are still dealing with the problem headphone jack not working issue, then the steps which are next to you will help you to overcome the trouble:
- At first, go to the Start button which is located at the bottom of the left side of your computer screen and click on it.
- Next, click on the Search bar and write down Control Panel. Then, click on the named option from the appearing list of results.
- After, opening the Control Panel click on the “Sound” button. And check if you are in the Playback tab or not.
- Then, click on the device which needs to be fixed and select the Configure button and follow the onscreen instruction.
- After that, open Properties and make the changes that are required and click on the Apply button.
- Then, choose the OK button. Thereafter, the Sound Window will appear on your screen and again click on the OK button from the appearing Window.
Through this article, we have tried to present all the possible solutions that can help you to get rid of the problem with your Dell headphone jack not working. Try the methods that we have mentioned in our article and resolve the problem easily. If you have any more questions regarding this topic, then you leave your comments on our comments section without a second thought.